Are you in the Minnesota area and want to break into the game industry? Here’s your chance!
The Lifeboat Network runs Minecraft servers in partnership with Microsoft, as well as producing downloadable content for sale on the Minecraft Marketplace. We need someone familiar with Minecraft and general software development to perform duties including:
- Assist in developing software for our server network. Example tasks: find and enter coordinates of map features, edit loot tables.
- Be able to deploy new software versions across the network using our custom tools.
- Refine the games to make them better. Analyze statistics to see what features are being used. Enhance those that are, drop or modify those that are not. Is an iron sword overpowering? Too easy or too hard to get? Is food too expensive or too cheap? Is the median length of a match too long or short?
- Play-test new features. Try to break them, find bugs. Report how bugs may be replicated.
- Modify the maps/worlds as needed. Generally make small changes such as adding statues, checking for improper entities, map glitches, incorrect conversions or IDs.
- Assist in planning new game types and features.
- Prepare marketing materials, including generating screenshots and product descriptions.
- Update messages shown to our players.
- Prepare downloadable content for submission to Microsoft.
Required skills include:
- Expert-level familiarity with Minecraft, including world-building and the basics of running a server.
- Familiar with multiplayer game networking, PHP, and Github. Ability to make simple modifications to the server software.
- Familiarity with Linux and cloud-based systems.
- Good English skills.
Please submit a resume as a PDF attachment, with your name as part of the filename. If your resume does not mention Minecraft, please explain in your cover letter why you would be qualified for this position. We would start by giving you a paid contract task to see if this is a good fit. Longer-term, work will be mostly on-site in our Eden Prairie office, with limited telecommuting. The Lifeboat Network is run by Hydreon corporation. We are official partners of and work closely with Microsoft. We offer full health benefits and generous profit sharing. EOE.
Please send a resume as a pdf attachment, with your name as part of the filename. If your resume does not mention Minecraft, please explain in your cover letter why you would be qualified for this position.