We are looking for awesome people to build an awesome network!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org the following information:
- Introduce yourself. Use your real name, not your IGN.
- What position you are applying for. Kindly include that in your email subject line.
- Why would you be particularly well suited to the position.
- Your experience with MCPE
- If it’s appropriate, include a link to something you have done. Show us examples.
- Please attach a resume. If you are a student, we expect this to be very simple, but we expect you have put in the effort to produce one. A pdf with your name as part of the filename is the preferred format.
- We value an ability to work with a team. Give an example of where you functioned well in a team of people.
- When applying for a job here, please use complete sentences and well thought-out paragraphs.
- Feel free to submit your application again later, especially if we have announced somewhere that we are looking for your skill set. (Wait a month between applications!)
- Screen your application for grammar and spelling mistakes. That’s one of the key things we (and most other employers) look for to gauge your attention to detail.
- If we do set up an interview, and you have never had an interview before, you would be wise to practice being interviewed.
Time saving tip: Don’t apply from your phone. We won’t read it.
“Whad’ya mean you won’t read it?! That’s mean!”
Well, it’s more honest and kinder to be upfront and let you know the truth. We can’t possibly get a sense for your communications skills without a cover email and resume or examples of your work. You cannot possibly compete for a position against someone that has put that much effort into the application. It is completely fair.
For all positions:
- Minecraft: We need you to be already familiar with Minecraft.
- Taxes: If you are in Minnesota, you will be a regular W2 employee. If elsewhere, you will be considered a contractor, and thus will need to file local taxes. (This is not hard, but must be done!) You do not need to live in the U.S. to apply. If you are non-US you will probably have to pay taxes in your country. We have several contractors that do that.
- Students and young people: We have many students on our team, ages 15+. Make sure your parents know about your involvement and it is completely okay with them. For many this is an ideal flexible part time job. School comes first, so we understand putting in fewer hours around tests and family vacations. But, do not apply unless you expect you would typically be available for at least 10 hours a week.
- Values: We are a values driven company, committed to making a positive difference through serving others. This is the central reason we run Minecraft servers. We won’t do something if we think our players would be worse for it. For example, we like to think we have the best chat filter in the biz. We are only going be doing positive games. If this bothers you, then we are not a good fit for you. If you have your heart set on making a dark game, we would not be a good fit.
- Equal opportunity employer, and we expect everyone on our team to treat others with respect. The mood or our team is upbeat and positive. We have something special going on here, and we all feel lucky to be part of it.
If there is some skill you have that we should know about, and you think you would be a good fit with our team, let us know, even if you don’t see the need listed below.
Part-Time iOS and Android app developer
We are looking for someone to help us with our current iOS and Android apps, as well as some future work in this area.
Developer / Software Tech
We are always looking for programming talent! If you have been active in the Minecraft development community, and think you would be a good fit, please get in contact with us.
- An example task will be adding content to our in-game announcement system. This person will need some basic PHP. We need someone that is really familiar with game play to add more hints, coaching into the game.
- Some experience with plugin development would be very helpful.
- Many of the tasks are centered on player communication, messaging, and other language-oriented things. We are looking for someone very familiar with English, and good with language in general.