On this week’s post of “What’s new, Lifeboat?” we’ve got a few fixes, new volunteers and a few reminders for some frequently asked questions. Let’s get started, shall we?
This week’s updates include:
- Prisons now has game type statues
- Guests can now be given temporary VIP in game
- CTF spawn points were improved
- Chat filters are a bit stronger. Some users had issues logging in with false flags but we’ve patched the glitch so let us know if you’re still having issues.
- We’re in the process of updating our servers to be compatible with the 1.1 update released recently.
While we strive to constantly keep our servers in tip top shape and in game running smoothly, sometimes we need a little help. To keep up with our ever busy community, we’re always looking for volunteers from moderators to builders. Please join us in welcoming our newest volunteers to Lifeboat! Here are some IGN’s to look for in chat and in game:
Congratulations to our new recruits! If you’d like to apply to volunteer with Lifeboat, you can fill out a volunteer application on our website. Keep in mind that if you are chosen, it can take 3-4 weeks to get a response to the same email address you used in your application but if you are not selected, a reply will not be sent. We’re still looking for volunteer translators so if you’re interested, you can get more information here or apply here.
One of the perks of getting to be a Lifeboat social media guru is that I get to talk to our users every day, whether they need help with a purchase or just want to rant about an awesome game they had, but sometimes it can get a little crazy with answering the same question in several different tweets. As a reminder, here are some links and reminders for you as a handy resource for some of our most frequently asked questions:
- YouTube rank applicants must have at least 2,000 subscribers and plenty of LBSG content to be eligible. The most common reason for denial is there is not enough LBSG content or none at all. For a list of our requirements, you can check out this article here. Rank applications are checked daily so if your application was denied, make sure to go through our requirements list and double check that your channel has everything mentioned.
- If you’re having an issue with a purchased item that didn’t show up in your account or you’d like to make a change to your account (i.e. username or email), you can either tweet our Support team or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address listed in your account.
- If you’ve noticed a bug that needs to be fixed, report the bug here and our staff will take a look as soon as possible. Please do not use the bug reports to ask questions about your applications or get help with support, see the above links if you need help with something outside of reporting a bug.
That’s about it, that’s everything that’s new with Lifeboat. Now that we’ve filled you in, you can get back to your regularly scheduled game play. For those of you starting your summer break, enjoy the time off and we hope to see you in game!
Correction: On our chat filter updates, the chat filter isn’t necessarily stronger but we did improve the ability to give less false positives. That means that we’ve reduced the number of blocked messages without letting the inappropriate stuff through.